Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Scooter is ready... almost

Another day started at Casa Lambretta. Here I am at the front desk being useful.... actually not. Just doing some personal emergency stuff via email.

Helped Ron finish his scoot. Today it was his rear brake shoes that needed replacing. Finally, though his scoot was finished.

Whilst we were working on Ron's scoot, Vittorio comes into the workshop and tells us that we need to go outside and see a beautiful new Lambretta in original condition:

Finally, though my scoot is ready. Ron and I went for a test ride of a few kilometres. The scoot behaved well, but vibrates quite badly at higher speeds. I think this is because I have the original LI150 engine mounts instead of the later large type. The front brake, however, is next to useless so I'll have to go back to Casa Lambretta to dismantle it and see if I can find out what the issue is.

Still, she's mostly ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment